unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Package definition - argument, fix for wrong file format before unpack
@ 2022-05-21 18:16 白い熊
From: 白い熊 @ 2022-05-21 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello everyone:

I'm trying to build some old apps - one of them is an emacs package only
available now via the archive.org Wayback machine.

The problem is though that the download is an xxxx.tar.gz file in name -
in fact it is really only a tar archive. So guix build fails with wrong
file format error. Concretely - it is this file:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110104020844/http://taiyaki.org/elisp/mell/src/mell-1.0.0.tar.gz

I think I should add some "(arguments" lines in the package recipe -
replacing the unpack phase? However not sure exactly how - am searching
but haven't found any examples fixing for such a problem.

Could someone advise me - how to specify the file should be unpacked as
really just a tar archive so that the build can then proceed?

Many thanks.

--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem /
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊
ShiroiKuma