Marek Paśnikowski writes: > MuseScore is also GPL3-licensed, > why would you deem it "worse" just because it is not under the GNU umbrella? > I suggest to rethink this decision in a rational way - > you may be surprised by the results. Being under the GNU umbrella means that the software can be utilized strategically to further Software Freedom. Also who maintains a community makes a difference to the direction of development. The typical GNU project is longer-lived than the typical other Free Software project. > We should not throw the baby out with the bathwater here. > If Musescore is GPL3, is the best free music notation software > created, I disagree with the second point, because that’s lilypond :-) > it just works and happens to have some bad people associated with its brand - > maybe we should boycott those people instead of boycotting the software? Is there already a fork with a different community? Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de