unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* GuixSD on T440p won't boot or install properly / missing free software ... nouveau ...
@ 2023-09-29 14:51 Kodcu via
From: Kodcu via @ 2023-09-29 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Guix

Hi,

I had trouble arriving at the blue screen to install GuixSD with a USB on my T440p but then, I burned a DVD and then I could install it with some error message but I cannot boot it afterwards. The message was:
missing free software ... nouveau ... bios ctor failed: -22 unable to locate usable image
but then the installation carried on and it seemed to be successful.

Now I can see grub and then it the logo of Guix with gray background. Then nothing else happens.

By the way, during the installation on the blue screen I got another warning: your graphics hardware possibly does not work, expect trouble! Perhaps pass "nomodeset" to the kernel args and need to configure uvesafb kernel module. I am a bit stuck here.

I am passing nomodeset during the boot by pressing e but it has no effect.
Any help?
 Thanks
--
 Verzonden met Tutanota, veel plezier met beveiligde en advertentievrije emails: