Josh Marshall writes: > what I want to implement is to parallelize obtaining > packages. Server side vs client side. This is already possible, if you enable parallel build jobs, then you'll get parallel downloads. There's also been work to allow controling these things separately. > So it sounds like my first steps are to re-implement the downloads > using aria2c. This would affect the minimum base package, no? Can I > get some buy-in from maintainers that such changes are acceptable? Reimplementing fetching files/substitutes using a tool like aria2c would probably greatly complicate the bootstrap path.