Rutger Helling writes: > I've created a patch to update Mesa on staging, along with removing > wayland-egl from it. I can confirm I can still start GNOME on Wayland > manually after rebuilding with this patch. Excellent, thanks! > Should I apply this to staging now? It's been two weeks since the last > commit to staging, and a merge doesn't seem to be happening anytime > soon. Hydra is currently busy with 'core-updates'. In the mean time, please queue up patches on 'staging' so we can start it as soon as core-updates is merged. The patch LGTM! > On an unpleasant side-note, certain things are completely broken on > GNOME on Wayland with staging. Menus and buttons don't work anymore. I > suspect this is because our mutter and gnome-shell packages are too old > (3.24.x instead of 3.28.x). Does GNOME on Wayland work on current 'master'? The only real difference on staging (apart from this patch) is GTK+ 3.22.30, which is fairly uneventful: https://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sources/gtk+/3.22/gtk+-3.22.30.news But perhaps they removed some other interfaces when adding xdg-shell support?