Hi, I don't know the answer to your question and you are probably aware of that option, but I just wanted to mention that you could consider switching to mbsync, which (I think) also has better performance than offlineimap. It's a bit annoying to migrate the configuration, but it does not require that much time (I made that switch some time ago). Best, Dario Jorge P. de Morais Neto writes: > Hi. > > Em [2021-01-15 sex 18:07:40+0100], zimoun escreveu: > >> As far as I know, Guix provides the security support that >> upstream >> releases. > > I too suppose so in general. But I would like a more > authoritative > answer for the specific case of Python2. And, in fact, this > should be > publicly documented---in the manual or in the website, as well > as the > description of the python2 package and maybe also in the > description of > all python2-.* packages. > >> Using the Guix time-machine, the code that works now should >> work >> exactly the same in the future, even if Python 2 is removed in >> the >> future Guix releases. Does it make sense? > > The problem is that OfflineIMAP is Internet software, and > therefore, I > believe, it is important to have security support for it > (including its > dependencies). > > Regards