unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Updating Linux Kernel Manually in GUIX system
@ 2021-07-08  6:45 AMIR ZAQUAN BIN YAZID / UPM
From: AMIR ZAQUAN BIN YAZID / UPM @ 2021-07-08  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Greetings

I would like to ask regarding updating the Linux Kernel manually.

I am trying to update the Linux Kernel for GUIX system manually for an
assignment. Everything seems fine until I reach the step of copying an
existing Linux Kernel configuration.

when I input :

$ cp -v /boot/config-$(uname -r) cd verif.config

the result says no such file directory for the current Linux Kernel config
which is 5.11.15.

In addition,  when I tried to guix install some development tools such as
libelf and libssl , guix install error : unknown package was obtained.

* Re: Updating Linux Kernel Manually in GUIX system
@ 2021-07-08 11:54 ` Michael Rohleder
From: Michael Rohleder @ 2021-07-08 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: AMIR ZAQUAN BIN YAZID / UPM; +Cc: help-guix