unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Slim auto-login disallow me to login with another user
@ 2019-06-28 15:52 znavko
From: znavko @ 2019-06-28 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello, Guix! I have configured Slim to do autologin with user 'mom'. I use xfce4+slim. So it works.
But I have expected it is possible to logout from 'mom' and login with 'bob'.
But not! After pressing in Xfce4 'Logout' it does logout but thereafter login again with mom.
Please, is it possible to do something?
I tried to use another tty to kill slim, xorg services but I do not know exactly which process to kill and what to run to start session.

My config's lines:
 (users (cons* (user-account (name "bob") (group "users")
 (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "netdev" "audio" "video"))
 (home-directory "/home/bob"))
 (user-account (name "mom") (group "users")
 (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "netdev" "audio" "video"))
 (home-directory "/home/mom"))
 %base-user-accounts))
 (services (cons*
 (service xfce-desktop-service-type)
 (service dhcp-client-service-type)
 (service slim-service-type
 (slim-configuration
 ;;(auto-login? #t)
 ;;(default-user "mom")
 (xorg-configuration
 (xorg-configuration
 (extra-config
 '("Section "InputClass"
Identifier "touchpad"
Driver "libinput"
MatchIsTouchpad "on"
Option "Tapping" "on"
EndSection")
 ))))
 )

 (modify-services
 (remove (lambda (service)
 (member (service-kind service)
 (list ntp-service-type avahi-service-type
 bluetooth-service network-manager-service-type
 gdm-service-type)))
 %desktop-services) ;end of remove lambda services

 (wpa-supplicant-service-type config =>
 (wpa-supplicant-configuration
 (interface "wlp2s0")
 (config-file "/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf")))

 (elogind-service-type
 c => (elogind-configuration (handle-lid-switch 'ignore)))
 ) ;;end of modify-services
 )) ;;end of services

 ;; Allow resolution of '.local' host names with mDNS.
 (name-service-switch %mdns-host-lookup-nss)

 ;;blacklist ugly sound speaker, blacklist ideapad_laptop for prevent soft blocking wlan
 (kernel-arguments '("modprobe.blacklist=pcspkr,snd_pcsp,bluetooth,ideapad_laptop"))

* Re: Slim auto-login disallow me to login with another user
@ 2023-03-20  9:48 ` André A. Gomes
From: André A. Gomes @ 2023-03-20  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko; +Cc: help-guix

znavko@disroot.org writes:

> Hello, Guix! I have configured Slim to do autologin with user 'mom'. I use xfce4+slim. So it works.
> But I have expected it is possible to logout from 'mom' and login with 'bob'.
> But not! After pressing in Xfce4 'Logout' it does logout but thereafter login again with mom.
> Please, is it possible to do something?

Hi,

Were you able to figure out a solution to this problem?  Thanks.

--
André A. Gomes
"You cannot even find the ruins..."