Hello Anthony, Anthony Quizon writes: > Hello, > I'm trying to install gold linker using guix. > I noticed there is a package in `(gnu packages base)` called > "binutils-gold". However, it doesn't come up on the search via `guix search > binutils-gold` and I'm unable to install it. > > Why is this? This is because the regular binutils package was recently 'hidden' due to an upstream bug, and 'binutils-gold' accidentally inherited the 'hidden?' property. > How can I install gold linker using guix? I fixed the inheritance in 4a13050b877f9058414f4b7633e423726e9bbb32, so you should be able to install it (again) after a 'guix pull'. Thanks for reporting the issue! :-)