unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* home-files-service-type file permissions
@ 2021-11-02 11:31 phodina via
From: phodina via @ 2021-11-02 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrew@trop.in, help-guix

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the development of Guix home. I've recently switch to it from my dotfiles.

However, there is one thing that I do not know how to set.

When using the service home-files-service-type I encountered a situation where I'm copying a script:

(simple-service 'dotfiles
home-files-service-type
(list
`("config/sway/wallpaper-change.sh" ,(local-file "config/sway/wallpaper-change.sh"))))

However, after guix home reconfigure the file has only read flags set not execute. Even though the original file has execute flags.

Is the home-files-service-type the correct service to use? Or do I have to patch it in order to keep the permissions?

Petr