On 2021-11-02 11:31, phodina@protonmail.com wrote: > Hi Andrew, > > Thanks for the development of Guix home. I've recently switch to it from my dotfiles. > > However, there is one thing that I do not know how to set. > > When using the service home-files-service-type I encountered a situation where I'm copying a script: > > (simple-service 'dotfiles > home-files-service-type > (list > ... > `("config/sway/wallpaper-change.sh" ,(local-file "config/sway/wallpaper-change.sh")))) > > However, after guix home reconfigure the file has only read flags set not execute. Even though the original file has execute flags. > > Is the home-files-service-type the correct service to use? > > Petr If there is no specific home service for your use case, which generates all necessary configs and executables for you the answer is probably yes, using home-files-service-type directly is a way to go. > Or do I have to patch it in order to keep the permissions? AFAIK, local-file, mixed-text-file create non-executable files in the store by design. If you want to make an executable file you have at least a few options: 0. You can use recursive? flag to keep permissions. (local-file "blabla" #:recursive? #t) The quote from documentation: > if file designates a flat file and recursive? is true, its contents > are added, and its permission bits are kept. http://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/guix.html#index-local_002dfile 1. Use program-file http://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/guix.html#index-program_002dfile For example I do it for generating screenshot scripts: https://git.sr.ht/~abcdw/rde/tree/master/item/rde/features/wm.scm#L188 2. Use computed-file, which will call chmod with apropriate arguments inside gexp. Take a look at "empty-tree" example in the manual, you can create a file and set apropriate permissions in the same way. -- Best regards, Andrew Tropin