Akib Azmain Turja writes: > Jorge P. de Morais Neto writes: > >> Hi! I reply below: >> >> Em [2022-05-22 dom 17:26:55+0600], Akib Azmain Turja escreveu: >>> Thanks a lot. Just a question, where should I send the patch? >>> guix-devel? >> >> Did you send the patch? I have searched debbugs and have not found any >> such submission. I care because: >> >> 1. It significantly pollutes the *Messages* buffer, which can mask >> important warnings such as when Emacs loads a .elc byte compiled file >> that is older than its source code. >> 2. For people who byte-compile Elisp files from a Makefile, these >> messages causes significant pollution, masking byte-compilation warnings. >> 3. For people who use the nativecomp feature (from a guix channel), >> the native compilation of *each* Emacs package yields loading messages >> for *every* Guix-installed Emacs package, resulting in O(n^2) growth. >> >> Regards > > Thanks for reminding. I forgot it completely, because the only Emacs > package I have currently installed with Guix is emacs-vterm, because > Guix doesn't work with the Emacs I compiled myself. I have attached the > patch to this message and CCed to guix-patches. > > CC guix-patches, for each Emacs package I have installed, Emacs echoes > "Loading /gnu/store/...-emacs-.../...-autoloads.el" while startup. I > have attached a patch fixing it (thanks to "André A. Gomes > " for preparing it). Did I really sent the patch? Looks like I forgot to attach the patch and CC guix-patches. :-/ -- Akib Azmain Turja Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social. This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5