Simon Josefsson writes: > The manual is quite clear that LVM support is missing: > > https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Limitations.html > > This held me back from using guix as the OS for my virtualization > servers since I use LVM for virtual machines. However, one evening I > was curious how difficult it would be to fix the above limitation, so I > started with a simple 'guix package -i lvm2' and that allowed me to get > LVM to work and I can't really notice anything missing. > > Before producing a patch to correct the manual, could someone explain > what LVM support was intended that was missing? Does a reference to LVM > as a limitation of Guix still make sense? What's missing is support in the configuration system: the ability to declare a LVM mapped device in the OS configuration and expect 'guix system init', 'guix system reconfigure' etc to work. LVM 2.03 simplifies things a bit, but I don't know of any recent attempts to add LVM support to the configuration system.