Bonface, Bonface Munyoki K. writes: > What do you do when you want to use a package that > has already been removed from guix. An example is > that I have a legacy project that I help maintain > that still uses some old python2 packages. One of > them is python2-flask*. Right now, as a work > around, I manually write the package definitions > somewhere and build those; but I feel there are > better ways of doing that. What ways, if any, are > those? You can use an ‘inferior’[0] Guix if you don't mind the entire closure of python2-flask* being frozen in the past -- possibly including incompatibilities or known security vulnerabilities. I don't know what their inclusion & maintenance criteria are, but another approach is to add the removed packages to the guix-past[1] channel. Kind regards, T G-R [0]: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Inferiors.html [1]: https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-past