Raghav, Raghav Gururajan wrote: > So I did "sudo cat /dev/ttyS4" in the terminal. After 10 > seconds, the > cursor blinking stopped, This is probably just your terminal emulator helpfully stopping the cursor blink after 10 ‘idle’ seconds to save a tiny bit of power, not related to the serial port. > then I touched the screen with the pen, it > started giving output non-stop. Like the output never stopped, I > had to > close the terminal. It's not what I'd naively expect, but sure. Maybe the protocol expects some kind of ACK and keeps retransmitting otherwise. Maybe the protocol's weird. > Is this a good sign that my touch screen is > attached to serial port 4? Yes! Kind regards, T G-R