On 2021-11-02 11:38, phodina wrote: > Hi, > > I just want to ask if it's possible to create an image which has both the operating-system and home-environment configuration together. > > Currently the way to build them is to do: > > ;; Guix System > guix system build os.scm > > ;; Guix Home > guix home build home.scm > > However, if I want to build and test a VM, I'm missing the home environment. > > Would it be the correct way to add additional record to user-account definition, which would instantiate the home-environment for the particular user? > > Or is there another way how to do that? > > Petr Hi again!) I have a plan to have a system service, which accepts list of pairs of user name and home-environment and instantiates home environments for these users during `guix system reconfigure`, but the task has a low priority right now. You can try to implement it yourself and send a patch for review or can wait until someone will do it. P.S. It doesn't have to be a separate service, maybe extending some existing record with additional field will also work. -- Best regards, Andrew Tropin