Mortimer, > So I wrote a packaging recipe (below) and submitted to nonfree. > Was told > it might be that no one has gotten around to packaging for main > yet. Just FYI, Guix doesn't have sections like Debian. There is only a single guix git repository, containing all packages supported and maintained by the Guix project. Guix deals exclusively in Free software. Any third-party repositories that don't follow the GNU Free Software Distribution Guidelines are not affiliated with GNU or Guix, and we can't provide support for them here. I'm not aware of any licence issues with PostgreSQL, however, so we cool. > I see > the documentation for submitting patches, but not recipe > files. Is there a > protocol for submitting packaging recipes? There's no difference! :-) Guix packages (=‘recipes’) are added to the repository as patches. That's it. Same as any other addition or fix: packages are just code, after all. To submit a package upstream to Guix, you'd check out the git repository, add your package (‘recipe’) to a file that best suits it (here: databases.scm), commit it and send a patch as described in that section of the manual. However… > (description "This package contains client and administrative > programs > for PostgreSQL: these are the interactive terminal client psql > and programs > for creating and removing users and databases.") …I'm a bit confused. What exactly is missing? λ ls $(guix build postgresql)/*bin clusterdb pg_config pg_test_fsync createdb pg_controldata pg_test_timing createuser pg_ctl pg_upgrade dropdb pg_dump pg_verifybackup dropuser pg_dumpall pg_waldump ecpg pg_isready postgres initdb pg_receivewal postmaster oid2name pg_recvlogical psql pg_archivecleanup pg_resetwal reindexdb pg_basebackup pg_restore vacuumdb pgbench pg_rewind vacuumlo pg_checksums pg_standby Sorry to be so dense. I do use PostgreSQL but only know the very basics, I haven't even used or heard of most of those commands. Kind regards, T G-R