Hi Tobias! Tobias Geerinckx-Rice writes: > Bonface, > > Bonface Munyoki K. writes: >> What do you do when you want to use a package that >> has already been removed from guix. An example is >> that I have a legacy project that I help maintain >> that still uses some old python2 packages. One of >> them is python2-flask*. Right now, as a work >> around, I manually write the package definitions >> somewhere and build those; but I feel there are >> better ways of doing that. What ways, if any, are >> those? > > You can use an ‘inferior’[0] Guix if you don't > mind the entire closure of python2-flask* being > frozen in the past -- possibly including > incompatibilities or known security > vulnerabilities. > > I don't know what their inclusion & maintenance > criteria are, but another approach is to add the > removed packages to the guix-past[1] channel. > I reckon using guix-past (or another channel) would be the way to go. I can't see any packages that use "inferiors" yet; when that happens, it'd be a good idea to start considering it! > Kind regards, > > T G-R > > [0]: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Inferiors.html > [1]: https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-past > -- Bonface M. K. D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F Free Software Activist Humble GNU Emacs User / Bearer of scheme-y parens Curator: / Twitter: @BonfaceKilz