unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* guix refresh only python-*
@ 2022-11-20 18:56 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-11-20 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Help

hi, how can I see only what python packages can be updated with guix refresh?

all best,

jgart

* Re: guix refresh only python-*
@ 2022-11-20 22:44 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-11-20 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart, Guix Help

Hi,

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:56, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:
> hi, how can I see only what python packages can be updated with guix refresh?

   guix refresh -m python-packages.scm -u

where python-packages.scm is adapted from [1], copied and pasted here:

(use-modules (gnu packages)
             (guix build-system pyproject)
             (guix build-system python)
             (guix packages))

(fold-packages (lambda (pkg count)
                 (+ 1 count))
               0
               #:select?
               (lambda (pkg)
                 (and (not (hidden-package? pkg))
                      (member (package-build-system pkg)
                              (list pyproject-build-system
                                    python-build-system)))))

Instead of

               (lambda (pkg count)
                 (+ 1 count))

something like

               (lambda (pkg python-packages)
                 (cons pkg python-packages))

and the ’0’ initial value replaced by the empty list ’()’.

Here you get all the python packages.  Then, you just return a manifest,
something like,

        (manifest
         (map package->manifest-entry
              (fold-packages …
                                                          )))

1: https://yhetil.org/guix/COD5P19YLOOM.286HAM1U8M8MZ@guix-framework>

Cheers,
simon

* Re: guix refresh only python-*
@ 2022-11-21  7:21   ` (
From: ( @ 2022-11-21  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun, jgart, Guix Help

On Sun Nov 20, 2022 at 10:44 PM GMT, zimoun wrote:
>                (lambda (pkg python-packages)
>                  (cons pkg python-packages))

You could also just use ``cons'' here with the same effect.

    -- (

* Re: guix refresh only python-*
@ 2022-11-21 10:39     ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-11-21 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: (, jgart, Guix Help

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 07:21, "(" <paren@disroot.org> wrote:
> On Sun Nov 20, 2022 at 10:44 PM GMT, zimoun wrote:
>>                (lambda (pkg python-packages)
>>                  (cons pkg python-packages))
>
> You could also just use ``cons'' here with the same effect.

Yeah, for sure.  By definition of ’cons’. :-)

Cheers,
simon