unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: pukkamustard <pukkamustard@posteo.net>
To: Joshua Branson <jbranso@dismail.de>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Customizing Haunt to work with Skribilio
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 08:54:30 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Joshua,

> I am trying to use the lovely haunt static site generator with
> Skribilio!

Cool! I've been tinkering with the same idea the last couple of
days.
In particular using the Skribilo outline reader to build websites
from
org-mode files with haunt.

> But I am still getting an error message:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh
> joshua@dobby ~/prog/org/projects/generate-income/client-site$
> haunt build
> building pages in 'site'...
> Backtrace:
>            5 (primitive-load
>            "/gnu/store/4vvbcxrqjm8dbc1g1gk9pakqgf7…")
> In haunt/ui.scm:
>     124:6  4 (run-haunt-command _ . _)
> In haunt/ui/build.scm:
>      60:4  3 (haunt-build . _)
> In haunt/site.scm:
>    100:19  2 (build-site #<<site> title: "Built with Guile"
>    domain: …>)
> In ice-9/ftw.scm:
>    482:39  1 (loop _ _ #(2050 2907188 16877 2 1000 998 0 4096 #
>    # …) …)
> In unknown file:
>            0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no reader
>            availa…" …) …)
>
> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
> no reader available for post:  "posts/jolly-good-day.skr"
> #+END_SRC
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You need to add the `skribe-reader` to the list of readers in your
site configuration:

```
#:readers (list commonmark-reader skribe-reader)
```

Haunt does not use Skribilo and it is not necessary to add
skribilo as
input when building haunt. Haunt has it's own parser for the
skribe
format
(https://git.dthompson.us/haunt.git/tree/haunt/reader/skribe.scm).

The problem is that haunt does not know what to do with the *.skr
file
("no reader available").

I've been doing some poking around into using Skribilo directly
from
haunt. This is the basic idea:

```
(define-module (my-skribilo-reader)
  #:use-module (haunt reader)
  #:use-module (skribilo reader outline))

;; Make a haunt reader
(define haunt-outline-reader
  (make-reader
   (make-file-extension-matcher "org")
   (lambda (file)
     (let ((outline-reader (make-outline-reader))) ; This is the
     Skribilo reader
       (do-some-processing-to-create-a-haunt-post
        (with-input-from-file file outline-reader))))))
```

Hope that helps,
-pukkamustard

PS: Would you be interested in porting Skribilo to Guile 3.0? I'm
struggling with that and could use some help.