unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* CMake cannot find Kicad package input
@ 2022-01-03 20:04 Peter Polidoro
From: Peter Polidoro @ 2022-01-03 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade the Guix Kicad package from version 5.1.10
to 5.1.12.

When I upgrade the version and hash of the package definition and
try to build it, it fails with a CMake error saying the
OpenCascade header files are missing.

"opencascade-oce" is listed as a package input, just as it is for
version 5.1.10, which seems to build just fine. I see that
opencascade-oce is installed in my /gnu/store and I see the header
files are in the include/oce/ directory within it.

One of the Kicad build options may have changed, perhaps requiring
"-DKICAD_USE_OCE=ON", but it still fails even when I add that.

Another option is to switch from "opencascade-oce" to
"opencascade-occt" and switch the build option to
"-DKICAD_USE_OCC=ON". Then opencascade-occt gets installed into
/gnu/store and I see the header files in the include/opencascade/
directory within it. CMake still fails saying it cannot find the
opencascade header files.

Do I need to put more information in the Kicad package definition
to get CMake to find the opencascade header files? Or perhaps do I
need to modify the opencascade package definition to make CMake
work properly to find the header files.

Thanks!