unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* How do I verify my hashes?
@ 2022-07-10  2:12 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-07-10  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Help

Hi Guixers,

Today Bonface mentioned to me that I should be cloning my packages and
verifying the hashes with `git hash-object` or `git hash` iirc?

Do others do this when packaging?

My workflow currently is the lazy way:

1. I change the version in the package definition.

2. build the package

3. package blows up on stdout

4. I retrieve the hash and add it

5. profit!

But how can I trust that computed hash?

wdyt

Am I committing a newbie sin with the above workflow?

I know `guix refresh` exists but sometimes it is slowwww (e.g. outdated *.go)

I know `make go-clean` exists but sometimes it breaks things in my tree...

Should I stop worrying and just `git send-email --to="guix-patches@gnu.org" -1`?

all best,

jgart