unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Conflict with duplicate dependencies after removing and attempting to reinstall gnucash package
@ 2020-07-05  9:57 Todor Kondić
From: Todor Kondić @ 2020-07-05  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

Hi,

So, I installed gnucash package, then removed it. Now I tried to install it again (after a pull and upgrade) and I have this:

The following package will be installed:
   gnucash 3.8

guix package: error: profile contains conflicting entries for dconf
guix package: error:   first entry: dconf@0.34.0 /gnu/store/y0m48gd4hasgbjgwwy4q1c7jn7j7db4z-dconf-0.34.0
guix package: error:    ... propagated from gnucash@3.8
guix package: error:   second entry: dconf@0.34.0 /gnu/store/sb4f1xyfzlk189lnr56sv6mj1mwcclb9-dconf-0.34.0
guix package: error:    ... propagated from gnucash@3.8
hint: You cannot have two different versions or variants of `gnucash' in the same profile.

I wonder what went wrong and how to fix this?

* Re: Conflict with duplicate dependencies after removing and attempting to reinstall gnucash package
@ 2020-07-05 11:06 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-07-05 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todor Kondić, help-guix\@gnu.org

Dear,

On Sun, 05 Jul 2020 at 09:57, Todor Kondić <tk.code@protonmail.com> wrote:

> So, I installed gnucash package, then removed it. Now I tried to install it again (after a pull and upgrade) and I have this:
>
> The following package will be installed:
>    gnucash 3.8
>
> guix package: error: profile contains conflicting entries for dconf
> guix package: error:   first entry: dconf@0.34.0 /gnu/store/y0m48gd4hasgbjgwwy4q1c7jn7j7db4z-dconf-0.34.0
> guix package: error:    ... propagated from gnucash@3.8
> guix package: error:   second entry: dconf@0.34.0 /gnu/store/sb4f1xyfzlk189lnr56sv6mj1mwcclb9-dconf-0.34.0
> guix package: error:    ... propagated from gnucash@3.8
> hint: You cannot have two different versions or variants of `gnucash' in the same profile.
>

> I wonder what went wrong and how to fix this?

It depends on the packages you have in your profile. Well, you can:

 - update all the packages of the profile to your latest pull,
 - install gnucash in another profile if you do not want touch the
   packages of this profile,
 - use the option "--allow-collisions" of "guix package"

Hope that helps,
simon

* Re: Conflict with duplicate dependencies after removing and attempting to reinstall gnucash package
@ 2020-07-06  6:05   ` Todor Kondić
From: Todor Kondić @ 2020-07-06  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

Thanks zimoun.

What baffles me is that both dconf entries come from gnucash, even the same version of it. I did experiment with multiple profiles, but I am pretty sure I don't have the program in any of them any more.

@ 2020-07-06  7:57     ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-07-06  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todor Kondić, help-guix@gnu.org

Dear,

On Mon, 06 Jul 2020 at 06:05, Todor Kondić <tk.code@protonmail.com> wrote:
> What baffles me is that both dconf entries come from gnucash, even the
> same version of it. I did experiment with multiple profiles, but I am
> pretty sure I don't have the program in any of them any more.

What do you mean?

>> > The following package will be installed:
>> > gnucash 3.8
>> > guix package: error: profile contains conflicting entries for dconf
>> > guix package: error: first entry: dconf@0.34.0 /gnu/store/y0m48gd4hasgbjgwwy4q1c7jn7j7db4z-dconf-0.34.0
>> > guix package: error: ... propagated from gnucash@3.8
>> > guix package: error: second entry: dconf@0.34.0 /gnu/store/sb4f1xyfzlk189lnr56sv6mj1mwcclb9-dconf-0.34.0
>> > guix package: error: ... propagated from gnucash@3.8
>> > hint: You cannot have two different versions or variants of `gnucash' in the same profile.

It is hard to tell more without moreinfo. :-)
Well, it really depends on the packages you have in this profile and
what you did.  Basically, if you want to investigate, you need to give a
look at "guix package -l" and "guix pull -l".

The commit dfb0191 added "dconf" as propagated inputs for "gnucash".

All the best,
simon