Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Bonface Munyoki K. writes: > >>> You can use an ‘inferior’[0] Guix if you don't >>> mind the entire closure of python2-flask* being >>> frozen in the past -- possibly including >>> incompatibilities or known security >>> vulnerabilities. >>> >>> I don't know what their inclusion & maintenance >>> criteria are, but another approach is to add the >>> removed packages to the guix-past[1] channel. >>> >> I reckon using guix-past (or another channel) >> would be the way to go. I can't see any packages >> that use "inferiors" yet; when that happens, it'd >> be a good idea to start considering it! > > To clarify: no packages distributed in the > official Guix channel itself will ever use an > inferior. Inferiors can, however, be used > effectively in user manifests to install packages > from the past (or using a particular combination > of channels). I see. Thanks for the clarification. -- Bonface M. K. D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F Free Software Activist Humble GNU Emacs User / Bearer of scheme-y parens Curator: / Twitter: @BonfaceKilz