unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de>
To: help-guix@gnu.org, Gary Johnson <lambdatronic@disroot.org>
Subject: Re: Help-Guix Digest, Vol 88, Issue 4
Date: Sun,  5 Mar 2023 08:44:15 +0000	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2897 bytes --]

Hi Gary,

thank you very much for sharing your Emacs manifest.

I tried to do what you said.

I created a manifest for Emacs only.

After doing it, Guix asked me to set the PATH.

I did it and after that this Emacs Manifest changed my general profile.
It became my general profile.
I couldn’t use my other programmes any more.
So I had to do a rollback.

1.
I don’t know what I did wrong.

2.
AFAIK to create a manifest is not yet a profile.
I have to create a manifest and then to create a profile with it.
Am I right?

2.
If so, after creating a manifest, which commands do I have to use to
make it a separate profile?

Probably to generate a manifest and make it a separate profile goes
together, but I don’t know how to do it.

Kind regards

Gottfried