* Initiating Guix System on Foriegn Distro
@ 2021-04-07  7:14 Katarina Rostova
From: Katarina Rostova @ 2021-04-07  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I was wondering if I can do `guix system init` with guix installed on top off a foreign distro?

Katarina.

* Re: Initiating Guix System on Foriegn Distro
@ 2021-04-07 14:36 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2021-04-07 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katarina Rostova, help-guix

It is possible, but it will replace your current distro with Guix System. You might have troubles booting, I tgink you also need to make sure /etc is empty (but exists) before rebooting. "mv /etc{,.bak} && mkdir /etc" should do it, without destroying existing data in case you want to go back to the previous distso.

Use at your own risks :)