unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* IceCat debugger not working
@ 2020-09-03 16:10 Zelphir Kaltstahl
From: Zelphir Kaltstahl @ 2020-09-03 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix Users!

I have an issue with IceCat installed via Guix. Perhaps anyone else can
confirm this?

I am currently trying to develop something in local development. An HTML
page with a few scripts. When there is an error in the scripts, it shows
in the console. Usually there is a file and a line and column number
specified, on which the error happens. In normal Firefox those are
clickable links, which will get me into the debugger tab, where I can
see where the error is.

The problem is, that the debugger wont open, once I click on any link to
a line in some file, shown in the console tab. Also when I click the
debugger tab myself, it only shows white. Nothing in that tab.

I have disabled all addons/extensions for IceCat, even the ones
pre-activated on installation and the whole thing is inside a completely
new browser profile.

(1) Does this only happen on my end, or for other people as well? Can
anyone else try and see, whether it happens for them as well?

(2) Is it an IceCat problem in general, or only for IceCat installed via
Guix? (If it is IceCat in general, I should probably report it where?)

(3) Why does it happen?

(4) What can I do to make it work correctly?

Best regards,
Zelphir

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-09-03 16:49 UTC | newest]