Just for the record and I hope this helps someone. I'm able to use distrobox/apx in Guix. I shared 4 files here that are required for the following script. You will require Podman as a system package (but I think adapting the script for Docker may be possible) and Nix as system service-type installed. sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/apx sudo cp config.json /usr/share/apx/. sudo mkdir -p /etc/containers sudo cp policy.json /etc/containers/. sudo cp subuid /etc/. sudo cp subgid /etc/. podman system reset podman system migrate nix-channel --add https://nixos.org/channels/nixos-23.05 nixpkgs sudo herd restart nix-daemon nix-channel --update nix-env -iA nixpkgs.distrobox nixpkgs.apx apx init --aur Please, take in count that inside the files attached here you may need to change my user gus to yours in your computer. And of course, even entering an apx container will break some executables in the host as well as in the guest and for that Guix Home is going to be required. Good luck!