unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* General enquiry
@ 2020-01-12 20:58 wisdomlight--- via
From: wisdomlight--- via @ 2020-01-12 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

Where’s the best place to post question from a beginner??
e.g:
I created a VM with guix.iso (which downloaded around two weeks ago) using GNOME Boxes on my Linux mint.
And it actually works.
but no internet connection.
I don’t think it’s GNOM Boxes settings because another distro I’ve installed in exactly the same manner has internet and it works fine.

Is this mailing list the right place to ask such basic questions??
Or is there a different space for basic questions??

Thank you.

* Re: General enquiry
@ 2020-01-12 21:03 ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2020-01-12 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wisdomlight

wisdomlight--- via <help-guix@gnu.org> writes:
Hi!

I can't help you with your issues, but yes, this is a good place to ask
for help.  You can also try IRC.

See https://guix.gnu.org/contact/.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: General enquiry
@ 2020-01-13  0:11 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2020-01-13  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wisdomlight, help-guix@gnu.org

Le 12 janvier 2020 15:58:23 GMT-05:00, wisdomlight--- via <help-guix@gnu.org> a écrit :
>Where’s the best place to post question from a beginner??
>e.g:
>I created a VM with guix.iso (which downloaded around two weeks ago)
>using GNOME Boxes on my Linux mint.
>And it actually works.
>but no internet connection.
>I don’t think it’s GNOM Boxes settings because another distro I’ve
>installed in exactly the same manner has internet and it works fine.
>
>Is this mailing list the right place to ask such basic questions??
>Or is there a different space for basic questions??
>
>Thank you.

Maybe a good thing that could felp us diagnose your issue is: what is the network settings you are using? I don't know gnome boxes, so I can't help you with finding that. Maybe we'jj find a clue with that information.