unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: David Lecompte via <help-guix@gnu.org>
To: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: gajim FAILS
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 18:58:07 +0000	[thread overview]

Le mercredi 13 juillet 2022 à 20:13 -0500, jgart a écrit :
> Hi Guix,
>
> Every so often I get this error and gajim fails to start. I'm on a
> foreign distro, void linux.

I am on Trisquel and recently I had various failures with gajim, either
some window fails to open (then it can't be opened at all, it is not
"sometimes") and some icons missing.

The error messages were about missing icons, sometimes complaining an
icon was not found in the theme (I use MATE, the default for Trisquel). I
searched in the /gnu/store /xxx where gajim is, as icons, there are only
two .svg files.

I also noticed, when there was no error, that in some places I had an
icon that wasn't the gajim symbol, while it should have been.

I managed to solve some failures by manually copying some png files to
/usr/share/icons/<some path> but I finally had the idea to install the
gajim package of my distro (much older version) and then gajim showed all
the icons right and there was no failure anymore (the Guix gajim is first
in the path, so it is that one that is started).

I am mentioning that in case that would help solving your problem.

David.