unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Olivier Rojon <o.rojon@posteo.net>
To: Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz>, help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: EXWM: file or program not found, ls
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 16:12:20 +0100	[thread overview]

Hej,

my login shell is bash, and I have edited it. Yet, adding the lines you
have provided did not really help the issue.

I have now written an .xsession file which looks like this:

  #!/usr/bin/env bash
. /etc/profile &
. ~/.bashrc &
exec exwm

Unfortunately, this did not do the trick.

There's two things I suspect to be a possible culprit which I am about
to change:

- I had manually defined PATH in .bashrc, which I believe might have
overriden other attempts at defining it (even though it contains :$PATH
at the end)

- I did what is sometimes advised when you install a package, that you
should add the following lines to your shell:

GUIX_PROFILE="/home/hapster/.guix-profile"
. "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"

However, I had not added an "export" in front of "GUIX_PROFILE", which
might be part of the problem.

But as you can see, I am kind of struggling to find the cause of the
problem. ;-)