unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr>
To: Hubert Lombard <contact@hubert-lombard.website>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Spams in the help-guix list ?
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 10:53:20 +0200	[thread overview]

Hubert,

Thanks for your report!

On 2020-10-19 10:22, Hubert Lombard wrote:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-10/msg00062.html

It didn't look like spam to me.  Disclaimer: I approved that message and
one or two of the replies.  What makes you suspicious?

The two replies at the link above also look legitimate.  I don't see any
messages claiming to be from Hubert Lombard.

> By opening it claws-mail, I can see in the header :
>
> From: jbranso@dismail.de
> To: mcconnaughey@jeffnet.org, help-guix@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: how to contribute software?
> Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 00:33:21 +0000
> Sender: "Help-Guix"
> <help-guix-bounces+contact=hubert-lombard.website@gnu.org>
>
> Renting a location at OVH for my website, I often receive spam in my
> email client.
>
> It looks like spam to me, as I've not send it.

> Sender: "Help-Guix"
> <help-guix-bounces+contact=hubert-lombard.website@gnu.org>
>
> I realize that if this situation happens again, it could become
> disruptive in the long run, both for the community and for me.
>
> Do you have any advice for me? That I change my email address for this
> help-guix list?

The above headers all look normal & correct to me, so based on them I
can only advise you do nothing.

'From: ...@dismail.de' means the message was sent by Joshua.
'Sender: ...@gnu.org' means the list delivered it to you.

If there are any suspicious headers they are not included above.  You
can forward the complete message to me and/or guix-maintainers@gnu.org
and I'd be happy to inspect them!

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser. Excuse or enjoy my brevity.