unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* var/log/messages
@ 2022-07-09  5:26 Gottfried
From: Gottfried @ 2022-07-09  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 524 bytes --]

Hi Guixers,

in which folder can I find the messages, which are displayed switching
on the laptop?

normally they are in /var/log/messages.
If I open /var/log/messages with cat there are plenty of information,
much more than what is displayed on the screen, switching on the laptop.

Are the displayed messages on the screen only a summary of what is
there? or are the messages in an other folder stored?
(because my ACPI doesn't work and every time it says ACPI bug in bios)

thanks for helping
Gottfried