Hi, thanks for help. it works, > When run without any command line arguments, Flameshot installs a tray >> icon, near the volume icon and the Network Manager icon in my case. >> To make a screenshot, I click on the icon, which dims the screen and >> allows me to draw a rectangle to show the region I want to capture. >> >> I have just discovered that you can run the "flameshot gui" command, >> which has the same effect as clicking on the tray icon. Maybe you could >> try this option if you don't see the tray icon appear. Near the volume icon there appear two icons, both are flameshot. I didn’t see those icons earlier, because they are in grey colour without anything on them, so they don’t stand out. I don’t know why two instead of one, but it doesn’t matter. It works, as you described, and that’s the most important. thanks very much Kind regards Gottfried Am 20.04.23 um 12:20 schrieb Sergiu Ivanov: > Hi Gottfried, > > Gottfried [2023-04-20T12:11:16+0200]: >> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]] >> Hi, >> >> I installed flameshot, but it doesn’t open. >> I tried it beforehand with guix shell flameshot and it worked not >> completely, but somehow. >> But now, after installation it doesn’t open at all. > > When run without any command line arguments, Flameshot installs a tray > icon, near the volume icon and the Network Manager icon in my case. > To make a screenshot, I click on the icon, which dims the screen and > allows me to draw a rectangle to show the region I want to capture. > > I have just discovered that you can run the "flameshot gui" command, > which has the same effect as clicking on the tray icon. Maybe you could > try this option if you don't see the tray icon appear. > >> Do you have guix system or are you on an other distro? > > Yes, I run Guix System (and EXWM as the window manager). > > - > Sergiu > > >> Am 17.04.23 um 20:32 schrieb Sergiu Ivanov: >>> Hi Gottfried, >>> I have nothing to add about your main question but : >>> Gottfried [2023-04-17T14:45:28+0200]: >>>> How do you create this screenshot with the red arrow? >>> I use Flameshot, which comes in the package aptly named flameshot. >>> This program lets you choose the part of the screen to capture, and >>> allows you to add some basic graphics, e.g. arrows, text, shapes, etc. >>> GIMP is good, and I also use it for screenshots from time to time, >>> but >>> Flameshot is often much faster to use. >>> - >>> Sergiu > --