unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com>
To: raingloom <raingloom@riseup.net>
Cc: help-guix <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Mixed Languages Programming
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 21:34:40 +0900	[thread overview]

I have just thought about dynamic "Rosetta Code" - some software that generates simple code for the target language, compiles it and tests the result.

It might be useful to learn a new language.

For example, in PowerShell, there is some awkward syntax for an array of array wherein :

(,(1,2))

If the preceding comma is omitted, it will not be treated as an array of array.

My idea is to write some simple code in the language one is familiar and let the program translate it to some other language, while using Guix to summon the necessary compiler for the target language 😄