unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* help with USB bluetooth driver
@ 2020-06-27  0:45 Jesse Gibbons
From: Jesse Gibbons @ 2020-06-27  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I recently purchased the device described here
<https://h-node.org/bluetooth/view/en/2005/Broadcom-BCM20702A0-Bluetooth/1/1/undef/undef/undef/undef/bluetooth-works/asus>

H-node says it should work without nonfree drivers. But when I plug it
in, the kernel says non-free firmware was disabled. Do I need to setup
anything to get the kernel to load the driver?

H-node says that it was tested on PureOS. I know that PureOS does not
disable firmware, they simply don't install them on the distro by
default and don't provide any way to install them. So this could be
something for Purism to investigate.

I've searched the linux-libre source, including the deblob script, but I
can't find where it disables that particular device, so it's safe to
assume that it is not known to require blobs. Furthermore, the device
itself is documented in the deblobbed source, so it's reasonable to
expect the device to work.

I confirmed that lsusb -v is almost identical to what's on h-node, where
the only difference is the serial number. I can't find the hwinfo
package, so I can't compare the other data. What package contains hwinfo?

If I can get it to load on another gnu/linux-libre operating system,
it's a problem with guix. Else it is a linux-libre bug and I should
report it upstream. What linux-libre distro should I check?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-27  0:45 UTC | newest]