On 06/22/2016 03:53 PM, Thompson, David wrote: > On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Florian Paul Schmidt > wrote: >> See the attached file for reference. Put it into a guix checkout under >> >> nonfree/packages/ >> >> Does that help as a starting point? > > Do the upstream Firefox and/or Thunderbird contain nonfree components? > If so, please do not promote such software on this list. > > I really really really cannot recommend this approach to packaging, > because it goes against one of the core properties of Guix: > reproducibility. Taking someone else's binary and hacking it until it > works isn't a real solution. The proper way to do this is to build > binaries from source that are compatible with Guix. I'm answering a technical question, not promoting the use of this software, also I'm fully aware of the caveats you mentioned. I didn't deem it worthy to reiterate them. Even if you do consider it promotion I think it's a far stretch from an email of a participant in a list to the guix project itself promoting these kinds of solutions. Also you can consider this email as a test case for the policies the Guix project has in place :) How you want to deal with it, etc :) Have at it (/me puts on his flame retardant suite)! Regards, Flo -- https://fps.io