unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* 2 OpenVPN configurations
@ 2022-11-19 15:21 Pradana Adrinusa AUMARS
From: Pradana Adrinusa AUMARS @ 2022-11-19 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I need to have 2 OpenVPN configurations: one personal config, another
for university.

The Guix manual does not specify how to have 2 at the same time.

Is the only work-around to this issue 2 different system configs?

Thanks.

* Re: 2 OpenVPN configurations
@ 2022-11-19 16:06 ` Remco
From: Remco @ 2022-11-19 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pradana Adrinusa AUMARS; +Cc: help-guix

2022/11/19 16:21, Pradana Adrinusa AUMARS:

> I need to have 2 OpenVPN configurations: one personal config, another
> for university.
>
> The Guix manual does not specify how to have 2 at the same time.
>
> Is the only work-around to this issue 2 different system configs?

Did you try network-manager-openvpn instead of using a system config?  I
think this will allow you to have multiple configurations. The system
stuff is more of an always-on type of deal.

HTH.
Remco

* Re: 2 OpenVPN configurations
@ 2022-11-20 13:40   ` Pradana Adrinusa AUMARS
From: Pradana Adrinusa AUMARS @ 2022-11-20 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Remco; +Cc: help-guix

Yes, I already have tried using nmcli with my .opvn file.
I run
$ nmcli c import type openvpn file config.ovpn
and it prints
Unknown VPN plugin "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openvpn"

I already have openvpn and network-manager-openvpn installed.
Maybe it's an issue with the file itself?

@ 2022-11-22  9:12     ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2022-11-22  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pradana Adrinusa AUMARS; +Cc: Remco, help-guix