unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: "Sébastien Rey-Coyrehourcq" <sebastien.rey-coyrehourcq@univ-rouen.fr>
To: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Strange Wifi behavior with wpa_supplicant / gnome (eduroam)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 17:01:13 +0200	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1615 bytes --]

Hi,

Like many european academic i use eduroam wifi.

a) I restart using "herd restart wpa-supplicant"

b) I generate the wpa supplicant .conf using the cat installer

c) wlo1 is up and running well, i already use it to connect on wifi with
4G phone

d) Running sudo wpa_supplicant -c cat_installer.conf -i wlo1 -B return

Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
nl80211: kernel reports: Match already configured
nl80211: kernel reports:could not set interface 'p2p-dev-wlo1' UP
nl80211: deinit ifname=p2p-dev-wlo1 disabled_11b_rates=0
p2p-dev-wlo1: Failed to initalize driver interface
p2p-dev-wlo1: CTRL-EVENT-DSCP-POLICY clear_all
P2P: failed to enable p2p device interface

e) running dmsg :

debugfs Directory 'netdev:p2p-dev-wlo1' with parent 'phy0' already present
... + lot of wlo1 thing : authenticate, send auth, etc. ...

f) Running sudo dhclient -v wlo1 i get an IP : BOUND to 10.0.89.236
--renewal in 438 seconds

g) sudo nmcli return "wlo1:disconnected" ... and gnome doesn't display wifi

h) ip -a address return wlo1 bounded with inet 10.0.89.236

So Internet works (it seems, i need to rerun dhclient time to time) but
this is not recognized by gnome, nmcli ... I also have error on running
wpa_supplicant, i'm not sure this is normal.

I'm interested by config of other academics that use eduroam/wpa
supplicant :)

**Bonus**

If you have some info to directly add this to some manifest : system.scm
, i'm interested :)

Thanks

Best regards;

Some strange things :

- Gnome doesn't display the fact i'm connected to wifi

-