Chris Marusich skrev: (21 december 2018 09:30:30 CET) >Mark H Weaver writes: > >> Hi Ludovic, >> >> Ludovic Courtès writes: >> >>> Actually, I was also wondering whether we should provide a >configurable >>> mechanism that would, by default, automatically delete old GC roots >and >>> maybe even run the GC automatically when needed—similar to what Git >>> does. >>> >>> Thoughts? >> >> I think it's reasonable to automatically run GC by default, but I >would >> strongly advise against deleting GC roots automatically by default >> without the user's knowledge and consent. > >Just to be clear, I agree with you, Mark. Guix shouldn't delete GC >roots automatically by default. I think we were just saying that it >might be nice if a user could configure Guix to automatically delete GC >roots according to some policy (e.g., retain the last 2, and delete any >others older than 1 month). Guix would only delete the GC roots >according to the policy that the user has set, and if no policy has >been >set, the default would be not to delete any of the GC roots. > >-- >Chris I agree with you all 😃 This should not be the default, but be included in all the config templates with a clarifying comment. -- Sent from my p≡p for Android.