Hello everyone, I have a weird problem: when I create a Guix environment for GTK+ development and when I use Meson to build the project I get a segmentation fault when I run the compiled application. I have tried with a basic C example from Meson's website[1]. Here is the environment manifest: (specifications->manifest '("gcc-toolchain" "meson" "ninja" "pkg-config" "gtk+@3")) I enable it as usual: `guix environment -m guix.scm`. Then I compile it with Meson as usual and run it: $ meson build $ cd build $ meson compile $ ./demo Segmentation fault The C code, stripped down to the base basic of what it takes to trigger as segfault: #include #include static void activate(GtkApplication *app, gpointer user_data) { GtkWidget *window; GtkWidget *label; window = gtk_application_window_new(app); /* <--- Note this */ } int main(int argc, char **argv) { GtkApplication *app; app = gtk_application_new(NULL, G_APPLICATION_FLAGS_NONE); puts("Hello"); return 0; } If I remove the marked line above the application terminates normally. However, if I compile the above code with GCC it works fine: $ gcc $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-3.0) main.c hello Loading the segfault into GDB reveals the following: $ gdb ./demo core.32123 GNU gdb (GDB) 10.1 Reading symbols from ./demo... [New LWP 32123] [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled] Using host libthread_db library "/gnu/store/ fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Core was generated by `./demo'. Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. #0 0x00007fe962f75f2c in call_init (l=, argc=argc@entry=1, argv=argv@entry=0x7ffdd0e22cf8, env=env@entry=0x7ffdd0e22d08) at dl-init.c:74 74 dl-init.c: No such file or directory. It would be really nice if you could help me track down the issue because it affects more than just GTK+, but I have not been able to narrow its source down any further. I have attached the source code (I hope that's OK with the rules). To provide some background: I want to get into GTK+ development and Vala, so I tried running the Vala language server. It has a bug which has been fixed in the current master branch, so I tried compiling from source, but I get a segmentation fault there as well. The only dependencies GTK+ 3 and the Vala language server have in common are glib and json-glib, so my guess is that's it's something inside glib. The language server does not segfault if I let Guix build it, only if I use Guix to set up an environment and then compile it from source myself. [1]: https://mesonbuild.com/Tutorial.html