Hi Efraim, > >> There is a popup about >> no ACPI program/daemon running when enlightenment first starts but it's >> been working well enough for me despite that for several years. I have got the same message, every time I start enlightment. But I ignored it, because after informing myself about ACPI it's not important. thanks for informing us. Gottfried Am 01.12.22 um 10:29 schrieb Efraim Flashner: > On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 07:28:18PM +0000, Gottfried wrote: >> Hi Guixers, >> >> I have got the desktop Enlightment installed >> >> There are again and again certain problems. >> It seems to me that Enlightment isn't well developed yet. > > There is a complaint against Enlightenment (and EFL) that they overuse > void pointers to swallow errors, so it's hard to squash bugs. > >> E.g.because of a second monitor which I connected to the laptop. >> Other problems I have already forgotten, because I haven't used it >> therefore. > > I haven't tried hooking up a second monitor yet. There is a popup about > no ACPI program/daemon running when enlightenment first starts but it's > been working well enough for me despite that for several years. > >> Now I can't open the package "MuseScore". It can't find the right path. > > I don't use musescore, but I was able to launch it without problems. > >> Is there somebody who is using Enlightment? >> >> Have you got also sometimes problems? > > I find that it does sometimes crash on me and cause me to reopen > windows. It happens mostly with nheko and with flatpaks. I've apparently > been using Enlightenment on Guix System since early 2018 so I've > probably learned to ignore any issues that still exist. > > -- Kind regards Gottfried