On Thursday, October 20th, 2022 at 06:23, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > Am Mittwoch, dem 19.10.2022 um 16:50 +0000 schrieb Luis Felipe: > > > > それで日本語を書きできる。 > > > > 僕もできるけど、GTK4で何もできない。 > > > > Liliana, so you can type Japanese normally in GNOME Music or any > > other GTK 4 app? > > I can type normally in gnome-text-editor or in the search bar. I upgraded my system to 4716cea and now I can type Spanish and Japanese normally in GTK 4 apps too (although the app I migrated refuses to accept Japanese...). > > > You should take this with a grain of salt however. It might still > > > be that you need to restart ibus or gnome-shell from time to time > > > because they lost sight of each other. I'm not sure how this > > > relates to reboot cycles, but it might be a clue. > > > > Yep, at least since my last system upgrade, I have to restart ibus > > from time to time during my desktop session because Spanish and > > Japanese stop working out of the blue. I also have to restart ibus > > everytime after a reboot, otherwise I can't enter UNICODE with > > Ctrl+Shift+U nor type 日本語, although Spanish works. It's weird :) Restarting ibus is till necessary, though. > Spanish only requires xkb, whereas C-S-u and C-S-e (now s-. by default) > require ibus. Thanks, Liliana, have a nice day :)