unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: nightowl <nightowl@members.fsf.org>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: GNU Icecat crashed tab
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 04:27:11 +0200	[thread overview]

Thanks all for the help and advice on handling package upgrades and
memory management.  I have been able to update my system now and use
icecat version 60.  I can verify that the tab crash appears to be
resolved with this new version of icecat on my PC, however I also now
notice that scrolling is not as smooth as it used to be.  There seem to
be some delay and jerkiness when scrolling up and down pages with allot
of content, like say a nice wikipedia page with some meaty topic and
lots of figures.  I have compared this by booting into my old system
config, and find the scrolling in the previous icecat version is
definitely smoother.  Gnome web also shows smoother scrolling than the
version 60 icecat.  This new version looks to still be a pre-release, so
maybe there are some issues to address with the fluidity of the
scrolling.