Hi, thanks for your help may be imagemagick can be used only in the command line but I hoped to be graphical, as I know it from Trisquel. Or can it be that I have first to do a: sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm before it works properly. But photoflare is working graphically, without doing a sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm How is it generally: If I create a new profile, it should work or do I have to do than a sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm so that everything is in place and it works properly? kind regards Gottfried Am 21.03.23 um 18:40 schrieb Csepp: > > Gottfried writes: > >> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]] >> Hi, >> thanks for your help. >> >>> Did you maybe type the wrong name, maybe "magik" instead of "magick"? >> >> This could be, even I tried several times and checked the name. >> >> >> I created a manifest with photoflare and imagemagick >> and both packages were installed. >> >> When I enter this profil >> I can open photoflare, >> but I can’t open imagemagick. >> bash doesn’t find it. >> >> I don’t know why. >> >> I still installed: >> julia-imagemagick >> julia-imagemagick-jll >> >> but still I can’t open it. > > Those are for the Julia language, they are not what you want installed. > Use the package named "imagemagick". > > If it still doesn't show up, that might be a bug. I've ran into some > weird behavior where packages are reported as installed but aren't > visible in the profile. But so far it hasn't happened with guix shell > profiles. > --