unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Updating substitute error: TLS error in the push function
@ 2021-02-16  7:46 Todor Kondić
From: Todor Kondić @ 2021-02-16  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

I keep getting this error,

---
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%guix substitute: error: TLS error in procedure 'write_to_session_record_port': Error in the push function.
---

while `sudo guix system reconfigure ...`.

Then I get into the whole compilation cycle.

Guix version:
61361ef2646cc59f18fd1d33d9d13348930255b7

* Re: Updating substitute error: TLS error in the push function
@ 2021-02-17 19:36 ` jbranso
From: jbranso @ 2021-02-17 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todor Kondić, help-guix@gnu.org

Hmmmm,  Have you tried updating guix recently?

@ 2021-02-18 12:18   ` Todor Kondić
From: Todor Kondić @ 2021-02-18 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

[I know some people are going to grumble because of top posting: sorry!]

Yes, I did. I pulled a few times during last and this week.

The recompilation hit because of an unrelated matter. I did a very evil thing: evaluated my own version of the net-base package inside the module where net-base resides.

This dirty technique does  work for services tho ;)

@ 2021-02-18 15:16     ` Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2021-02-18 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todor Kondić; +Cc: help-guix@gnu.org

Todor Kondić <tk.code@protonmail.com> writes:

> [I know some people are going to grumble because of top posting: sorry!]
>
> Yes, I did. I pulled a few times during last and this week.
>
> The recompilation hit because of an unrelated matter. I did a very
> evil thing: evaluated my own version of the net-base package inside
> the module where net-base resides.

I'm not even certain what this means.  But it sounds like this hacker
has gone over to the dark side.  :)

> This dirty technique does  work for services tho ;)

Here's the proof!

--
Joshua Branson (joshuaBPMan in #guix)
Sent from Emacs and Gnus