unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Running LAMP under Guix on a foreign distro - Debian
@ 2021-04-15  4:14 白い熊
From: 白い熊 @ 2021-04-15  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello:

I'd like to run the LAMP stack under Guix, running from a binary install on a Debian system - I'm not sure this is possible when not running on Guix system, i.e. without reconfiguring the system with httpd etc service. Is it possible?

The reason I'd like to do this, is I'd like to use Learning with texts
https://sourceforge.net/projects/learning-with-texts/
but am not sure how to get MySQL, Apache and PHP set up in Guix, so they'd work.

Could someone give me guidance on setting up a full LAMP stack in Guix on a foreign distro?

Many thanks.
--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊

* Re: Running LAMP under Guix on a foreign distro - Debian
@ 2021-04-15  8:37 ` Edouard Klein
From: Edouard Klein @ 2021-04-15  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I'm working on something similar, but with nginx. Basically you want to
make an operating-system definition, where you can orchestrate all the
layers of your stack, and then you can run it using `guix system
container` with the added benefit of container isolation.

I'll make a quick writeup and share the source code as soon as I am
successful. See my other messages on this list to see what I'm currently
struggling with.

Cheers,

Edouard.