unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* GuixSD 1.0.1 Impressions
@ 2019-05-23  6:11 oury.dustin
From: oury.dustin @ 2019-05-23  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix users! I´m quite new to running Guix properly as I failed in
the past to get the package manager up and running in Trisquel 8 and
always wanted to try the OS properly, I managed to get it installed a
few days ago and have a few nitpicks with it I´d like to share regarding
the version 1.0.1.

1.) I was unable to get wireless access from my Libreboot Thinkpad T400
working in the initial graphical install. It would not detect my
wireless card, and when I tried to configure it it threw a big red
screen and aborted out. Connecting directly with a LAN cable solved this
issue, and once I got the OS installed wireless was working fine with
GNOME3.
2. I´ve been a user of Mozilla Thunderbird and Icedove for a while, so I
was a little shocked to find that icedove didn´t exist in the repo. I
would love to have it packaged or learn to package it!
3. The graphical installer gives you the option to set the keyboard
layout, however when I finally booted into the OS a few keys need to be
pressed twice (example: ~,´,¨,¨,^) and not long-pressing them gives
accented characters. I´m not sure how to fix this at the moment.

Other than those niggles it´s a really impressive OS. Thank you Guix!

[parent not found: <AM6PR06MB58777B94AA8EE52886C55DF7BB030@AM6PR06MB5877.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>]