Le samedi 16 mai 2020 à 15:27 +0200, Marius Bakke a écrit : > Christophe Pisteur writes: > > > Le vendredi 15 mai 2020 à 17:33 +0200, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice a > > écrit : > > > Christophe, > > > > > > (...) > > > (Guix) System software is started by services that are part of > > > your OPERATING-SYSTEM. Here's part of my laptop's CUPS > > > configuration: > > > > > > (use-service-modules ··· > > > cups > > > ···) > > > (operating-system > > > (services > > > (cons* ··· > > > (service cups-service-type > > > (cups-configuration > > > (extensions > > > (list hplip-minimal > > > ;; Required to display printer options, > > > ;; even with IPP Everywhere everywhere. > > > cups-filters > > > ;; Other possible legacy drivers: > > > ;; escpr foo2zjs foomatic-filters > > > ;; hplip-minimal splix > > > )) > > > (server-name host-name) > > > (host-name-lookups #t) > > > (web-interface? #t) > > > (default-paper-size "A4") > > > ;; You get the idea. > > > ···)) > > > ··· > > > %base-services-or-whatever))) > > > > Thank you for the explanation and for sharing this configuration. > > My > > problem is that I still don't understand guix well enough: I don't > > know > > in which file to write this configuration of cups (name and path), > > nor > > with what tool to define it (nano, terminal, etc.). > > Guix is deceptively simple. This goes in your /etc/config.scm, like > any other system-level change. You probably already have a (services > ...) in there: the challenge is to sew in the stanza provided by > Tobias with your existing configuration. > > Afterwards you need to run 'guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm'. > > > Perhaps I do not have enough computer background to use guix to > > date. It does not matter, I will eventually learn over time, not to > > mention that some functions will be automated with the evolution of > > the project, as is the case for the graphic installation. > > You should not need a computer background to use Guix. In fact _no_ > background may be better, as Guix is radically different from any > other operating system you may have used (unless you come from > NixOS). > > The only thing required is patience to read the manual, and the > courage to ask on IRC or mailing lists if you get stuck. :-) Hello, Thank you for the detailed explanations. I'm almost there: - I modified the file /etc/config.scm according to the indications of Tobias G-R, added (gnu packages cups) in "use-modules", then performed "guix reconfigure /etc/config.scm" and after restarting, I was able to access the web interface of cups (http://localhost:631/). - I added my network printer, used the ppd file from openprinting.org, and the printer is recognized. - when I print the test page, the cups web interface says that the connection with the printer is established, but the printing fails due to the error: "Filter failed". In attached document, my config.scm file to know if it contains an error and which filters are installed. Any idea? Christophe