unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Emacs Guix and channels
@ 2021-01-20 19:32 Sergiu Ivanov
From: Sergiu Ivanov @ 2021-01-20 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix Masters,

I am moving to Guix after 4 years of using Nix, mainly because Guix is
Lisp-based and Emacs friendly, and because I love the documentation.

Speaking of Emacs, I ran into the following problem.  I use an
additional channel which I add in /etc/guix/channels.scm (I also tried
symlinking or copying this file to ~/.config/guix/).  Running Guix
commands in a terminal (guix system reconfigure, guix package) detects
the additional channel correctly, while invoking the corresponding Emacs
commands fails telling me that the packages from the additional channel
are unknown.

I fired up a Guix REPL in a terminal and did

> (use-modules (gnu packages))
> (%package-module-path)

The output includes the additional channel.  However, when I do the same
actions in the Guix REPL in Emacs, I do not see the additional channel.

How do you manage additional channels with Emacs Guix interface?

-
Sergiu